Projected Balances - I'd like to set default accounts and time range

Options

Title says it all.

Quicken chooses all Spending accounts and time range of 1-year. I use Projected Balances to insure my checking account has an adequate balance to pay my bills for the next 30 days, so I'd like to set just one account and 30-day time range when I open Projected Balances.

Comments

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Projected Balances allow you to select 1 or more or all accounts (using multiple accounts option) with set time range, such as 30 days, or a custom time range. I am on QW R54.9. What are you seeing in the Select Accounts and Time Range Pulldowns?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the problem that you select something and then when you come back later the selection has changed?

Quicken should retain the last combination of options.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please do make sure that, after selecting the account and/or the Time range, you click on one of the Reminders in the list below the graph.

If one of these two fields are active (selected and highlighted in dark blue), attempting to mouse-scroll thru the reminder list will instead change the selections. That's why I suggest you click on a listed reminder, to move the active data field away from the two fields on the top.

After you have set the selections to the desired values, Quicken should remember the settings for the next time you start Quicken.

Do be sure to have Edit / Preferences / Register "Remember register filters after Quicken closes" enabled (checkmarked).
    I'm not sure if that has any influence on remembering the Projected Balances view settings, but it's worth checking.

This discussion has been closed.