BMO CC-601 Error after BMO Canada updated their servers on Jan 21, 2024.

Options
TJTex
TJTex Member ✭✭

Is anyone else getting a CC-601 Error when trying to perform One Step Update after BMO performed maintenance on their servers on January 21, 2024? I can no longer get my transactions downloaded and the error message states that "We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transactions in the last 12 months."

This was working for me before the update but now I keep getting this error message.

Also, It now forces me to authenticate every time I try to update my BMO accounts.

This is BMO Bank of Montreal Canada and using the Canadian version of Quicken

Comments

• Axel
    Axel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

same here since two days

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the same time frame, I have also started experiencing a similar issue with BMO for a Mastercard that is connected to the BMO-Mosaik (so-called) financial institution in Quicken. It now prompts me for a one time passcode to be sent via text message or email. Sometimes, it actually sends the passcode other times it doesn't. No transactions were downloaded.

I recommend using the Report A Problem feature in Quicken to get this escalated to the Online Banking Team.

• TJTex
    TJTex Member ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

"It now prompts me for a one time passcode to be sent via text message or email. Sometimes, it actually sends the passcode other times it doesn't." Me too.

I was finally able to talk to someone knowledgeable at Quicken Support and they recognize there is an issue that started with the BMO server updates on January 21. The general ticket for the issue is 10766720. They said they were working on it and hope to have it cleared in the next 24 to 48 hours. If it is still not working by Monday I'm going to call them back.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

This morning I got a somewhat different behaviour. Instead of prompting to verify by text or email, it asked me to answer one of my security questions. I answered the security question, but then the OSU completion dialogue reported a CC-501 (problem on Quicken server) for my BMO account.

Interesting side note: I logged into my BMO account and noticed that all the security settings, except for password change, have disappeared. There is no place to change those security Q&As at the moment. Weird.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

No progress on this issue. Express Web Connect with BMO (Canada) still not working.

• PSD
    PSD Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same issues and cannot log into my Canadian BMO account. I am a new user coming from Mint and may not have the patience to continue with this software unless this issue is fixed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10770424)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Axel
    Axel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

so it's kinda working again but with issue

• each time it asked for a passcode
    • it's now also downloading pending transactions that might change or are just temporarily before only posted transaction where downloaded

• Arctic Hare
    Options

I am experiencing the same/similar behaviour for BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C (Canada):

• multi-factor authentication is occurring on every one step update; it correctly processes the MFA, but does not recognize the server as a trusted device once MFA is satisfied.
    • it does download transactions when MFA completes correctly, but sometimes it reports that new transactions were downloaded when no new transactions have been downloaded.

• Gautam Tupil
    Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same behavior for me as well. Both on Quicken desktop and Quicken Mobile I am prompted to input OTP. Pending transactions are also downloaded. Issue is that it causes problems with reconciliation since it does not correspond with the correct online balance reported by BMO. The number of prompts for OTP should be restricted to once a day or it trusts the device.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

I recommend you use the Report-A-Problem feature that is built into Quicken to report this issue - as I have done several times. Sometimes the moderators on this Community will advise the development team of issues, but that is not a reliable process. The more people who Report-A-Problem from within Quicken, the more attention this issue will receive.

• Gautam Tupil
    Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok. Will do

• Arctic Hare
    Options

I am now seeing instances where Quicken downloads the same transaction (from BMO Bank of Montreal - M-C Canada) twice - with different Downloaded IDs. This a serious issue.

@Quicken Kristina please confirm that the development team is aware of the following for BMO Bank of Montreal M-C (Canada):

• Quicken is requiring Multi Factor Authentication on every download; the Quicken (Intuit) Express Web Connect server does not become a trusted device.
    • Quicken is downloading a given transaction twice: the first download occurs when the transaction is in a pending (not posted) state (and these should not download); and the second download of the same transaction occurs once the transaction has posted (this is when it should download). The two transactions have different Downloaded IDs, resulting in a duplicate entry in Quicken.

See the example provided below - this is one transaction from Costco, which has been downloaded twice with different Downloaded ID's

• joezmc
    joezmc Member
    Options

I am also experiencing double transactions. Would love to see it fixed

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 13
    Options

Hello @Arctic Hare

I'm not seeing any mention of these issues in the existing tickets. To ensure they are aware, I forwarded the information you provided and the logs you and @Gautam Tupil provided to our teams.

Thank you!

(CTP-9038)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• avdimond
    avdimond Member
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I am having the same issue. Multiple duplicate transactions. Not sure, but it seems to be connected with "pending" transactions…

The last transaction that was downloaded a couple of days ago was a transaction of a purchase I had made that day. Today I updated my account and that same transaction was downloaded a second time with a different FITID.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

I've submitted several Report A Problem reports from within Quicken about this issue. It is unfortunate those reports appear to be ignored.

• Arctic Hare
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Please try to have this issue escalated. See below for clear illustration of the problem with duplicate transactions:

• Arctic Hare
    Options

This issue still persists and every transaction posted to my BMO Mastercard downloads (at least) twice. See examples below - note that the Sobey's transaction is only appearing once because it is pending - a duplicate will appear soon.

What is the ETA to address this very troublesome issue?

• Gautam Tupil
    Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Artic Hare, I do not seem to have the issue of duplication. I normally enter expenses incurred in my accounts - chequing and Mastercard as I incur them or in advance (if it is a scheduled bill payment or income) either through Quicken desktop or through Quicken Mobile. I find that transactions (even if they are pending) get matched with the register (mainly through Quicken Mobile). One change I did notice is that every time Quicken Mobile refreshes and access my BMO accounts, I am prompted to enter a OTP (that is triggered either via email, SMS or through the BMO app on my phone).

On my desktop after running EWC the transactions are either reconciled automatically or I manually have to check or uncheck pending transactions. I have explained my process so that you can compare it to yours and see if it helps in any way.

All the best in resolving your issues.

• D Morley
    D Morley Member ✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

I am not getting duplicates, but I have to authentic via text or email every time I update in Quicken which never used to happen and is quite inconvenient.

Also, any transactions that are pending are getting imported into Quicken, pending transaction should not be included and were never included in the past. I don't see anyway to tell if a transaction is pending or posted (in Quicken)

• Arctic Hare
    Options

I'm perplexed by the fact that you say you are not getting duplicates yet you get pending transactions. I am getting each transaction twice: once when it is pending and a second time when it is posted. Are you saying that you are using Express Web Connect to download transactions for a Mastercard from the BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C financial institution and you are getting only pending transactions downloaded and not a second instance of each transaction when it is posted?

• Arctic Hare
    Options

@Gautam Tupil precisely which financial institution are you connected to? Is it BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C - exactly as indicated in the screen shot below?

• Gautam Tupil
    Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes for EWC I am using BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C and have 3 accounts that sync - Mastercard, Chequing and LOC

• Arctic Hare
    edited March 5
    Options

You mean download - sync is two way synchronization to the Quicken Cloud for Quicken Web and Mobile.

That is bizarre. I only have a Mastercard and I consistently get duplicates since Jan 21. One copy of the pending transaction and one copy of the downloaded transaction. Are you using auto entry into register or do you manually review and accept transactions from the compare view into the register? I do the latter.

Also, do you have one or two card numbers associated with the Mastercard account? I have two.

• Mike Jenkinson
    Mike Jenkinson Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the problem I am having - I need a 2FA code to be entered for BMO MC for Quicken Windows, Quicken on Web, Quicken app.

The other problem is that since this issue started, BMO is now downloading PENDING transactions, in addition to POSTED transactions, which has seriously messed up my register, as it's downloading credit card holds at gas stations, hotels, etc and filling my register with transactions that never actually get posted. This has resulted in my register balance being all cattywampus now for weeks and an enormous amount of manual work required to reverify my real transactions.

• Gautam Tupil
    Gautam Tupil Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Arctic Hare To clarify - I meant download of transactions on quicken desktop, web or mobile and then subsequently having all of them sync these transactions. I am using auto entry into registers (checking and Mastercard). My reconciliation is also based on the BMO account online and not account statement. I have to manually check or uncheck any pending transactions that do not match to the online posted transactions for reconciliation. I do have 2 Mastercards that are associated with my Mastercard account.

• D Morley
    D Morley Member ✭✭
    Options

I got a duplicate today as (according to the BMO website) there is one transaction that is still in pending and it is also in posted.

Yes, I am suing EWC and Mosaik M-C.

Has anyone from Quicken acknowledged these two current issues? (having to authenticate on every Quicken update and have pending transactions being downloaded)?

• stefantarrant
    stefantarrant Member
    Options

These issues (2 factor auth on every update, and downloading of pending transactions) are killing me as well, a couple of days ago I had to spend an entire evening restoring my Mastercard account data from backup to untangle the mess. I had to disable automatic updates on this account so it would not happen again.

• Axel
    Axel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

supposedly they fix it - mine is still downloading pending transactions and asking every time for 2FA