January 2024 update damaged data files

Options
Jdl-3400
Jdl-3400 Member

After this Quicken update my program started freezing up and would not close. Several reboots later I could open quicken but couldn’t update my accounts. Then resetting accounts froze. Then couldn’t add accounts. Nothing worked correctly.
phoned tech support, share screen, hour and half of trying seemingly everything, tech told me to start a new quicken file and re add all of my accounts and start over. But none of my history would be available unless I closed new file and opened old file.
I am knee deep in finding all of my tax information for the CPA and the old file contains duplicates of most transactions,
I have data from 2010 forward from investments that I have to keep the cost basis records for when I sell the assets.

Is there an alternative to Quicken that can download transactions from 14 accounts and imports my old data?

Comments

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

You need to go through your backup folders (an auto backup folder and a manual folder if you changed that). Find a RESTORE BEFORE problems started.

VERY VERY rare that you actually need to start from scratch. (Even though they told you that)

Start there.

If after that still getting new problems, report back and work on that.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had, and have, no issues with the latest (R54.9) Quicken update.

This discussion has been closed.