Why isn't the "Delete Account" option at the end of the "Accounts" tab not live?

Options
drstankovich
drstankovich Member ✭✭

I need to remove an account added by mistake. I've researched for hours for a way to delete it, and everything I find is outdated or not helpful. Can someone help?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your profile says Mac but you posted in a Windows section. Which is it?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• drstankovich
    drstankovich Member ✭✭
    Options

Weird. I use a Mac and thought I selected that option. Thanks for catching that.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There are two ways to delete an account:

1. With the account selected in the sidebar, click the Accounts menu at the top, then select Delete Account (the last item in the menu)
    2. Right click (or control click) on the account in the sidebar, and select Delete from the contextual popup menu (last item)

I the Delete option is grayed out in the menu, or not shown when you right click an account, it's probably because you have selected a Group Register (e.g., Banking, Cash, Savings) rather than an individual account. If you are not seeing the account, click the three dot (…) icon at the top of the sidebar, then Expand All Sidebar Groups.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.