Repeatedly prompted to enter Quicken password when opening data file

Options

This is an old closed subject that I have and continue to suffer from for years.

Let's be clear - the password I am referring to is not MY password to open MY quicken file.

It is QUICKEN's password to allow me to use the subscription that I paid for and have changed nothing.

Quicken needs to finally address this issue that has plagued users for years - the title of this discussion is borrowed from a previously closed review of the same subject.

I have wasted my time on numerous occasions calling support and following the prescribed guidelines of logging out, etc. To no avail.

For whatever reason - this is plauging me again.

[Removed - Rant]

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jim Reinis,

I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.