Quicken no longer downloads from Chase Bank or Amex

Options

Using Windows 10 Lenovo laptop with Quicken Classic - latest update available. Since 1/8/2024, I no longer get downloads from either the five accounts with Chase Bank, nor the single AMEX account. Both use Web Express + and both had the permissions granted last year. I had no issues until I went to download last week, and have discovered there is nothing coming across from either account. I have had to enter transactions manually for the Checking, Savings, and three Visa cards from Chase, as well as the transactions for Amex. If this continues to be an issue, there is no utility for me to continue using Quicken (after 20+ years) since I might as well use the Bank transactions to monitor finances. Quite honestly, I prefer Quicken because it helps keep track of my tax-related material and I can use the reports to file early. However, spending thirty minutes every few days to enter data manually is not conducive to continuing Quicken. I hope this is merely a bug that has been/will be fixed shortly. As of fifteen minutes ago, it was not. Thank

Comments

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have noticed the same. Sometimes with bofa as well. Other accounts appear to work fine.

• hopsus
    hopsus Member
    Options

Since the R54.9 update, I am unable to download any current transactions. It downloaded a few transactions form 2021 and 2022. Some accounts show a correct balance and some do not and they are all from the same financial institution. I have deactived then reactivated all the accounts multiple times. No difference. Is it possible to delete this latest update? There is no point in using Quicken if I can't download my activity.

• Fred Farquar
    Options

I am having a similar issue with one of my Chase accounts. Problem occurs after the latest Quicken Update. Perform one-step update. Transactions from only one Chase account are found. Restore from previous day's backup. Quicken Re-syncs. Perform one-step update again. Transactions from both Chase accounts are found. Create backup to get ready for same problem the next day. Accounts with other banks continue to work fine. I have no desire to create another new account, and copy over (multiple years work of) transactions. This seems to happen on a yearly basis. Every time there is a Quicken update, I cringe.

• harrymd1
    harrymd1 Member
    Options

quicken recently updated (like 2 weeks ago) and since then, all my accounts come over. I had to “adjust” a couple of balances, and have to keep the pending transactions in mind when reconciling, but all is now well - but it was only after several folks commented having the same issue. I guess they need to better check their updates before releasing them. I, too, cringe when programs are updated. Most work fine, but the folks at Quicken seem to have an issue once a year. Fun. Thank goodness it’s been fixed - at least on my system.

This discussion has been closed.