Tags aren't working in Accounts Receivable...

Options
Ken Stevens
Ken Stevens Member ✭✭

All, I'm having trouble setting tags in transactions in an Accounts Receivable account. The option for Tags doesn't show up in the "Registers Column" selections and none of the transactions in that register get tagged for reports which makes it very difficult to look at my sources of income in a report based on tags...they all show up as "Untagged"...super frustrating! I've tried tagging these by selecting a particular transaction and right-clicking to select and "Retag" it but it's greyed out there as well. What gives? Anyone else see similar behavior?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't use Business accounts, so I'm probably guessing here… you are trying to use normal Quicken tags to tag transactions, as opposed to using Business Tags?

You can use the "Category/Tag" syntax in the Category column to get the tag into the transaction despite the missing Tag column. If you need more complexity, the general syntax is "Category:Subcategory:Subsubcategory/Tag1:Tag2:Tag3". There is no hierarchy of tags like there is of categories, that example would just add 3 tags to a transaction.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• MicrosoftMoney
    MicrosoftMoney Member ✭✭
    Options

I think this used to happen automatically. On the Schedule C I just printed, accounts receivable income from the first half of the year has my business tag attached. Starting with June, it's simply not there and - as you pointed out - "retag" is greyed out. I've been using a tag for my business income and expenses for 5+ years (at least) and this has never been a problem before.

I was able to use Find & Replace (based using category and date as search criteria) to add missing tags to Expenses, but that isn't working with Income.

• MicrosoftMoney
    MicrosoftMoney Member ✭✭
    Options

Update to my previous comment:

In Accounts Receivable, open any invoice. In the upper right corner underneath Layout, there's a field for Business Tag.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In Business Menu / Manage Business Information, there's a checkmark you can set to indicate which of your businesses are considered to be the "Default Business". This indicates that business transactions without a business tag are considered to belong to the Default Business. (If you only have one business entry, it should be so marked).
    Check to make sure this checkmark is on for one business.

New Customer Invoices as well as all other transactions entered directly into the A/R, A/P account registers should use the proper Business Tag for each transaction.
    Business-related transactions recorded directly into bank checking, credit card or cash accounts should be tagged with the business tag, even if categorized to a Schedule C business category.

This discussion has been closed.