Online balance not matching the real online balance

Options
rushbis
rushbis Member

I'm having an issue where the online balance for my Costco Citi Visa card is showing a different value in Quicken than the actual online balance. All of the transactions are downloading successfully and the balance in my Quicken register matches to the penny to the true online balance when I view it in the App. The transactions are showing with the green check like they reconciled properly. Any fixes I can try?

Quicken for Mac. Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100).

Other accounts are fine - just this one credit card.

This started at least on the last release.

Tagged:

Comments

• rushbis
    rushbis Member
    Options

Well… just as soon as I posted this, I did two more account updates. The first fixed the problem at the top of the register. The second fixed the balance in the account list. Here's hoping this keeps 🤞!

• rushbis
    rushbis Member
    Options

And just like that, it's back to showing incorrectly.

• fprobin
    fprobin Member
    Options

Since the last Mac update the online balance when updating "all accounts" is not accurate. If you update a single account it is accurate. I informed support about this twice. They were not impressed.

• tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Options

Seems to be a known issue, but no reply yet from Quicken (either acknowledging or ETA on fix)… disappointing to say the least. Looks like the underlying issues is that some transactions get skipped when downloading. You have to manually enter them, then reconcile.

• Scott BJ
    Scott BJ Member
    Options

I have the same issue with Capital One credit card. I keep re-reconciling, line by line, all transactions accounted for, but the totals Quicken has for this one account have been off since the last upgrade. Part of the issue is that some transactions get skipped, like my auto-reload for Starbucks which is consistently $25. It thinks it's a duplicate or something. But even with all transactions accounted for, the balances are always slightly off. If I create an adjustment transaction, it will still be off the next day. It's not the pending transactions either.

• tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Options

Yup, am starting experience the same… it takes balances 2-3 days to self-correct. So now we're seeing 1) transactions being skipped during download and 2) online balances being incorrect. Pretty astounding that this kind of bug has been allowed to sit around; no comments from Quicken on its existence or that it's being worked on. I now spend easily 5x longer to reconcile because I have to go line-by-line every day.

• LoneWolf1038
    LoneWolf1038 Member ✭✭
    Options

It's 2-17 now and I still do not see a "fix" for this problem of online balances not matching. My register agrees with the actual bank's balance, but the "online balance" that appears in quicken is wrong even though everything has cleared. It takes a couple days of no activity in the account before the balance corrects. I'm hoping they will fix this soon.

This discussion has been closed.