Stabilize sort order on "BILLS & INCOME->Projected Balances" tab

Options

Currently, the default sort order is not stable and will resort when bills are paid or when edits are made using the popup menu on the "Action" column. For example, consider the following scenario:

1. Launch Quicken Classic for Windows
  2. Immediately select the "BILLS & INCOME" tab and then the "Projected Balances" sub-tab.
  3. Do not explicitly select a column heading in the "Upcoming Bills and Income" list, but simply allow the UI to use the default sort.
  4. Do any of the following by clicking on the right arrow in the "Action" column:
    1. Use "Enter into Register"
    2. Use "Skip This One"
    3. Use "Edit" (either "Edit this instance or "Edit this instance and all future instances")
  5. Observer that the order of items listed in the "Upcoming Bulls and Income" will frequently (and randomly) change, even items not affected directly by the Enter, Skip or Edit.

The desired behavior would be for the default order to remain the same even after the edit. For example, if a bill is Skipped or Entered into the register, the items either before it or after it should remain in the same order.

This has proven problematic, because on occasion (if I'm not paying attention), I will use the right arrow menu from the "Action' column on the line before the one I just entered, not realizing that the sort had change, and inadvertently perform an action on the (e.g. Skip) on an unintended item.

On the topic, is there a way to explicitly select multiple columns for sorting on this "Upcoming Bills and Income" list? for example, by "Due" date, then by "Pay to / Receive From" or by "Due" date and then by "Amount"?

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated