Make Reconciliation Window Columns Sizes Adjustable

Options
REvelyn01
REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 29 in Display/UI

Hi

When trying to use the Reconciliation feature, it would be alot easier if you could size the columns. The Payee column that comes from a bank usually contains alot of extra information so that when matching transactions it is sometimes a guessing game on which transaction to match.

For example: This line from the bank

WEB INITIATED PAYMENT AT PAYPAL INST XFER NETFLIX.COM 051923

May get truncated to

WEB INITIATED PAYMENT AT P

It would be better to allow columns to be expanded so that you can see the full entry from the bank.

3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NOTE: The Quicken Reconcile window does not display the contents of the register "Downloaded Payee Name" field; it will only display the contents of the "Payee" field. So, if the downloaded payee has been renamed, you cannot see the "Downloaded Payee" name in the Reconcile window ... no matter how wide its columns are.

While the columns in the Reconcile window cannot be individually sized, they can be widened: just widen the Reconcile window itself, and the columns will widen too. In my tests, the Reconcile Payee column will display the entire register Payee field (64 characters), if the Reconcile window is widened enough.

I believe the degree of downloaded payee name truncation depends on the Connection Method used to download, and possibly the Quicken release in use.

If the download Connection Method is Web Connect (WC), or Direct Connect (DC) or Express Web Connect (EWC), I believe all downloaded payee names will be truncated to 30 characters, in all Quicken releases.

But it appears that Express Web Connect+ does not truncate downloaded payee names to 30 characters. 

Viewing payee names downloaded via EWC+ In R50.16, I can see as many as 51 Payee name characters in the Reconcile window. In 54.16 I can see 64 Payee name characters in the Reconcile window.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list