Paypal missing transactions

Options

For the end of the year I updated paypal with "update now" I keep a note of what update last worked with which accounts, qfx or "Update now" . For Quicken I have been using "update now" since the they stopped supporting "web connect" qfx.

I don't use paypal that much, just for the occasional rent payment that can't be direct, and some transactions with friends.

So tax season coming up, I've updated all the bank accounts and generated a years view of the transactions. Then my wife points out there are missing deposits from the rental - pretty easy to see.

Turns out after "update now" it was missing some transactions from last year. Further investigation was the suggestion that banks only keep 90 days of transaction data for "update now". You think this should be visible in quicken - some sort of check of when it was last "update now" and are there any gaps. So much for the AI revolution happening elsewhere.

So I go in and I an download all the monthly statements and see I'm missing transactions between 2023/Apr/28 and Nov/29 - however some transfers had been to a bank and I had already downloaded the bank (via qfx) and assigned the transfers back to the paypal account.

Paypal download supports a number for formats - .csv and QIF. Knowing a little about QIF, I know I shouldn't repeat transactions already in the quicken paypal register - so I set up a range that reflects the know missing transactions. Then download the .QIF to disk, and then File>Filie-Import and select the QIF. So it brings it in, doesn't do the normal register match, doesn't do automatic category assignment.

two and half hours later I've finally update my quicken register and reconciled to the end of 2023 - all for 9 missing transactions.

Is there an easier way of having confidence that all transactions are downloaded?

This discussion has been closed.