why did "bill and income reminders" start to auto minimize

Options

With a recent update "bill and income reminders" started auto minimizing after you enter one of the bills. It used to stay visible.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

1. Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    2. Reboot Windows.
    3. Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    4. Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    5. If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Make sure this preference didn't get turned on:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MullyCash2024
    MullyCash2024 Member ✭✭
    Options

It isn't a popup… under Banking, I goto my Credit Union account, and the "Bill and Income Reminders" at the bottom of the screen minimizes the carrot after any bill pay. My calendar had bills I track… no downloaded bills … that was not what has happened since 1996

Windows 11

• Rutang5
    Rutang5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just wanted to add I'm having the same issue with Release R45.16 on Windows 11. It's extremely annoying. Hope someone finds a fix soon as this is not consistent with prior behavior and just adds extra clicking for the user. Bad design.

• SteveM21
    SteveM21 Member
    Options

I agree with Mully and Rutang. This is a basic function of any register page and has worked the same for 20 years. Annoying and time wasting to reopen each time. It's registers and bookkeeping and the KISS method works.

• BV123
    BV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is happening to me as well. "Income and Bill Reminders" is auto-minimizing on the latest version R54.17 Quicken Canada Windows Subscription.

Been using Quicken a long time, and this happened in a previous version a few years back, and appears to be reintroduced.

QC & QT (Quality Control & Quality Testing) should be catching this simple error before release version.

• James2020
    James2020 Member
    Options

I agree. Bill and Income Reminders used to start expanded and it no longer does so. It is annoying to have to expand that section for every account every time I start Quicken.

• stefanie
    stefanie Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm on Windows 10 and it just started happening - probably coincided with the last update. I have to learn to say "no thank you" when Quicken offers me updates since they seem to always include a delightful "feature" or two like this.

For me it opens expanded and as soon as I enter the first transaction, it collapses and I have to reopen it for each one. If they wanted to add a useful feature, they should have made it an option so you could select to leave it expanded or not. What a waste of my time.

• Rutang5
    Rutang5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Wonder if it would help at all if we all submitted bug reports (via Help → Report a Problem inside the Quicken program). I've done that now and included a link to this thread. Hopefully this issue is not a "feature" but rather a bug that will be addressed in a future patch. If it is indeed a feature, it's very poorly designed and I hope they will reverse it.

• MullyCash2024
    MullyCash2024 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to everyone replying to my initial post ! I was surprised when I couldn't find anyone discussing this issue.

I also reported this as a problem within Quicken and pointed back this shared post ! Hopefully they will return the old functionality !

• churchid
    churchid Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also going to jump on with a big, "ME TOO!" This is one of the dumbest, most inconveniencing UI changes that I've ever seen. Just make the window retain whatever the most recent state of the list display was, not close it every time you clear one of its entries.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

My Bill & Income Reminders list stays open no matter what. I can't get it close unless I close it manually. The difference could be that I am on R55.12.

• BV123
    BV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

R55.12 is the latest US Version, where I am currently using the R54.17 Canadian Version, so we will see if there next update fixes this issue, that was in previous version, fixed, and now is back.

• MullyCash2024
    MullyCash2024 Member ✭✭
    Options

Boo Quicken… new version of Quicken Classic Deluxe…US Windows 11 … R55.15 Still happening for me…

• BV123
    BV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

R55.15 Canadian Version, Quicken Classic Deluxe, Windows 10 Pro, still happening here as well……

This discussion has been closed.