Missing Fields After Download

Options

Are we supposed to do downloads before entering respective entries in the register or do we enter them and then download? Here is why I ask:

If I enter a transaction like Check# 123 to ABC Company with a Category like Repair TV, and Amount $25.00; I will get a completely new entry like ABC Company 305-734-5567, $25.00 with the Check # and Category both blank. So now I have two entries in the register for the same transaction.

Then other times I will enter a transaction with the same fields I entered above, and the download works just fine, without changing any fields or duplication it. The C (cleared) will be there as expected, in the Recon field.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would say, you're not doing anything wrong.
    It appears to me that the bank has received an electronic debit transaction from ABC Company instead of a paper check to process.
    So, if you are downloading transactions and automatically accepting downloading transactions, your manual register entry and the downloaded transaction don't match, giving you a duplicate transaction.

IMHO, you should, at least for a while, turn off the "automatically accept downloaded transactions into registers" setting to gain better control over what is downloaded and what to do with it.
    When you click the downloaded transaction, you'll find its status to be "New". Right-click to Manually Match the downloaded transaction with the already existing register transaction and you'll avoid creating a duplicate.

• robsquick
    robsquick Member ✭✭
    Options

I never have downloads set to 'automatic'. I prefer to do them manually so as to get better control as you suggest. However, when I get the status page that pops up after the download has completed, I've been replaying 'accept'. Maybe you're correct and I should be editing it before it gets populated in the register. Good idea; I'll try that.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.