Fidelity Transaction-related Fees Downloading as "Late Settlement Fee"

Options

I found an old post from two years ago referencing this, but no resolution. Regardless of the fee type, (Foreign Tax Paid, Alternative Investment Fee, etc.), when downloading transactions into quicken, it posts the transactions as late settlement fee. This appears to only applies to fees associated with investment purchases or sales of investments. Any account-level fees post properly.

Has anyone who has had this error addressed this with quicken or fidelity?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Brian S.,

When did you first notice this issue? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What is your connection method with Fidelity? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Brian S.
    Brian S. Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been ongoing for about 8 months; however, I only have one account opened 8 months ago that posts a significant amount of foreign transaction fees. There are 160 instances in that account since 6/2023 of improperly categorized transactions over that time, where foreign transaction fees post as "late settlement fee." My other accounts with fidelity that have also experienced this error have alternative investment fees posting as late settlement fees. The previous post that I was referencing in my original post dates back to 2021. There are no error codes. Fidelity Investments uses direct connect.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Brian S.,

Due to the length of time that you have been experiencing this issue. I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.