Duplicate Fund Entry in Quicken Account

Options

Some how, the same Fund is assigned to an account with two name variations, but same Fund Symbol. Number of shares in the erroneous fund shows a negative share balance, thus impacting the total value of the account. The correct fund shows a correct share balance and quote/[price

Erroneous fund name: Vanguard Mortgage-BackedSecs ETF, VMBS (shows negative share balance)

Correct fund name: Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities Index Fund ETF Shares - VMBS (shows correct share balance)

Quicken will not let me delete the erroneous fund because the erroneous fund has been used for transactions.

How can I delete the erroneous account?

Thanks.

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I assume these show as two separate securities when you list securities? If so then I expect the negative share balance is the sum of past erroneous transactions that you need to delete. Sort the brokerage account by security name to get the erroneous ones together so they can be easily deleted. Once deleted you should be able to also delete the erroneous security. Backup first in case something else is going on and you need to get back to where are you now.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

This discussion has been closed.