Incorrect account values.

Options
Coop42
Coop42 Member ✭✭

Effective Feb 1, 2024 my investment accounts (Brokerage & retirement accounts) no longer balance with my direct online investment account values. In fact my brokerage account values have literally double. The real values show correctly as of Jan. 31, 2024. What has happened and how do I get back to the real values?

Tagged:

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 1
    Options

First, if you're having trouble with a financial institution, it helps if you say which one - it may already be a known problem.

Second, when you look at the Portfolio tabs for your accounts, is the balance double there as well? if so, is the number of shares for each investment double or is the price double?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Options

Something with the last update really hosed downloads and reconciliation. Unfortunately no comments from Quicken regarding the issue. What I've seen on my accounts is that Quicken is skipping certain transactions… I have to go back to the bank site, identify what is missing and enter them by hand.

This is happening on all kinds of institutions (I've seen a fairly vast array on these forums), so this is not an institution-specific issue it would seem.

• Big EFH
    Big EFH Member
    Options

Having problems with Reports producing $0.00 value for 5 transactions downloaded from Bank of America, that show the correct amount when viewing the transactions on the Banking page.

Four of the 5 transactions are on the same date and the other one is is a few days later.

• Coop42
    Coop42 Member ✭✭
    Options

This appears to be an issue within Quicken, not individual financial institutions. Most of my brokerage account values became askew when the calendar changed to Feb 1. My banking institutions were not impacted when the calendar changed to Feb 1. Not sure why but will keep an eye on the values when the calendar month changes to March.

My values corrected themselves overnight.

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    Options

This is my exact experience. So far only Chase is giving me trouble. Thankfully I download transactions and confirm balance daily - if this went on for a few days unnoticed I would be completely screwed. For now I'm determining which transactions did not download and entering them manually.

I should add that I am on Windows, but the issue is exactly the same.

This discussion has been closed.