Direct Connection to American Express Bank

Options
chuckfoster
chuckfoster Member ✭✭✭

Starting January 24, 2024, I have had trouble updating my American Express National Bank (formerly American Express Bank FSB) savings account using the One Step Update or "Update Now" for the individual account. The problem persists despite countless phone calls to Quicken Support and to American Express and numerous password resets. I was finally able to restore access using the Quicken link for "American Express - Banking", but this connection requires an extra step (in both One Step or individual account updates) where AMEX sends a one-time access code that must be entered for the data to download. Now, several AMEX reps tell me that American Express Bank no longer allows third parties like Quicken to access its information. Is this true or is there a glitch somewhere in the process? Downloads from AMEX credit cards are still working as in the past.

Comments

• cjpitt52
    cjpitt52 Member ✭✭
    Options

I recently created an American Express National Bank account and am having the same problem.

Access can be achieved using the Quicken link for "American Express - Banking", but this connection requires an extra step (in both One Step or individual account updates) where AMEX sends a one-time access code that must be entered for the data to download. Now, several AMEX reps tell me that American Express Bank no longer allows third parties like Quicken to access its information. Is this true or is there a glitch somewhere in the process? Downloads from AMEX credit cards are still working as in the past.

I have connections from Quicken (for Mac) to several other (dozens) financial institutions which all work fine.

Quicken (for me) is my one place I can go to get my complete financial picture. I cannot have this smoothly working system spoiled by one errant account refusing to work nicely with American Express.

Please let me know if this can be fixed?

Thank you!

• chuckfoster
    chuckfoster Member ✭✭✭
    Options

CJPITT - thanks for leaving the comment. So far, I have heard nothing from Quicken about this continuing problem. I had several other banks that told me the same thing, but they are all working again like they did in the past.

While I can understand a one-time verification, AMEX National Bank's decision to discontinue seamless downloads after initially establishing the link is annoying and it is enough of an inconvenience to cause me to close my account. There are any number of banks that offer higher interest rates on savings accounts.

This discussion has been closed.