How to correct an a Savings goal

Options

I have been using Savings Goals for many years. Ordinarily I compartmentalize one particular savings account with savings goals to accumulate funds to pay quarterly, and annual payments over the year so I have the many to use when bills come due. However over the years I have also set aside some funds in my checking account, but something has gone awry. For example, I actually have in my account at present $2628.38. When I choose the option to show savings goal transactions the number is $36,122.64. The supposed money isn't there. There is no savings goal which has that money set aside within this checking account. Quicken wants me to use the $36,122.64 to reconcile the account. How do I correct Quicken so that there is no difference between showing and not showing savings transactions since there is no savings goal to which this supposed money corresponds. I know there have been times in years past when I deleted savings goals and that may have screwed up a running balance. I also used to archive at years end when that was recommended and that may have screwed things up.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you been applying the necessary withdrawals over the years? If you have, did you make certain the deleted savings goals were zeroed out prior to deletion? It does appear that you may want to close one or all savings goals and start clean.

This discussion has been closed.