Anyone have this missing transaction issue? Quicken Deluxe Canada

Options
Tayls77
Tayls77 Member ✭✭

So I have been using the newest version for a few months now. Last week one transaction was missing from my Scotia checking account so the balance was out. Spoke with Quicken and after trying many things they had me manually add the deposit. Things worked for another few days and now today again a single transaction is missing from the download. Therefore the balance is incorrect. What is super odd is that if I run reconcile account Quicken displays the correct online balance so I am out exactly the missing deposit? I am looking for suggestions as Quicken could not find the issue last week. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Tayls77
    Tayls77 Member ✭✭
    Options

Also to update, last week when I tried a new file and it downloaded the missing transaction from last week. However it also did not upload the missing transaction from today. So I created a new file today and everything downloads correctly.

• Kelly D
    Kelly D Member
    Options

Having the same issue on the US version. Uploads are missing transactions for both savings and checking when trying to upload from both of our Credit Unions. And, yes, the account balance reflected the same balance as the banks. I am probably going to manually enter the missing transactions in order to properly balance these accounts.

• Tayls77
    Tayls77 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kelly, Good to know I am not alone. I don't like the idea of missing transactions, it's not a good tool if its not accurate. I will call Quicken again this week. Should I get a resolution I will post it here.

• Tayls77
    Tayls77 Member ✭✭
    Options

So I just spent my hour on the phone with Quicken, who told me that I just have to manually enter missing transactions and that is not unusual. Basically told calling them to try and find the issue is a waste of my time and while not said directly there's. Once I manually enter transactions reconcile won't work as the balances are incorrect so i have no reassurance that any of my accounts are correct.

So my take is that the product is unreliable as a way to track financial assets as you have no way other than verifying every transaction manually. Frankly it is useless, if anyone has found a system that works in Canada I would love to hear about it as I am back in the market.

This discussion has been closed.