Unwanted sub-categories appearing reports

Options
HMichael
HMichael Member
edited March 4 in Reports (Windows)

I've created numerous sub-categories (of the "tax" category, for example.) When I attempt to get a transaction report for a specific category or sub-category, I get many unwanted sub-categories, which often (or mostly) seem to be sub-categories I've created. This can be frustrating when I'm searching for tax information to be used in TurboTax. Anyone else experience this problem?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I have a few "polluted" subcategories which appear in reports even when I've specified that the report not show subcategories. I have had them for years and never found a fix.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@HMichael - I have this happen also. The only way I have found to clean up these unwanted categories is to first make sure that "Show Hidden Categories" is checked and then hit "Clear All" and then reselect the appropriate categories. I know this sounds like a pain and sometimes like a game of "Whack a Mole", but once you get the report to run the correct categories, I find that it will "stick" (unless I need to update the report again). I make sure that I remember to save the file immediately after its "good". The hard part is having to select (or unselect) categories several times before it sticks. But the "Clear All" process seems to work for me to initially get rid of the unwanted categories.

One other caveat - down the road, if you ever need to change/update categories, you will need to go through the "Clear All" process again. I know it's a royal pain.

This discussion has been closed.