out of date memorized payees automatically added

Options
mjmjj
mjmjj Member ✭✭

Does anyone know why my memorized payee list seems to have been auto-populated with many out-of-date payees but showing them with a recent date i.e. 2022 and 2023?

And what I can do to stop it happening.

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@mjmjj - this happens to me every time I use the find/replace, or edit on multiple transactions. This has been happening for quite a while and I just know to go to the Memorized Payee List and delete them when they pop up. I haven't found a way to prevent them from populating.

• mjmjj
    mjmjj Member ✭✭
    Options

"misery loves company"😕

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From the 54.9 release notes:

Quicken now automatically turns on the settings to remember new payees and any
    changes in categories and amounts when entering transactions, simplifying the
    categorization process.

Disable the "feature" in Preferences.

• mjmjj
    mjmjj Member ✭✭
    Options

If the feature you mean is either "complete fields using previous entries" or "recall memorized payees", the instructions indicate that turning either one off also disables the other. The result according to the instructions is that "recall memorized payees isn't available".

So I would be left with a redundant memorized payee list even though I want to use it.

Am I missing something here?

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@RalphC - I have never had this feature on. When Quicken updated the feature, I immediately turned it off again. In fact, I don't use memorized payees at all. My memorized payee list is always empty. So that is why I know this problem of "old payees" being added has been around for a very long time. These "stray" and old payees always show up when I use the Find/Replace feature, or do a mass change.

This discussion has been closed.