FORCED to buy subscription?! - because it expired - now it won't let me Add new Accounts. (edit)

Options

I'm using Home, Business and Rental Property 2019 on Windows 11. When Quicken moved to their subscription model, my version would not open when it started forcing me to enter my Quicken user info because it said my subscription needed to be renewed. I called to complain that a previously purchased copy of the program should continue to work. I don't connect to anything online so I should be able to keep entering my data manually. They pointed me to a link that would "fix this bug". It worked for the last couple of years.

Starting this year, I'm noticing more glitches. When I open the file, it tries to make me login 4=5 times. And now, it won't let me add new Accounts. This should be illegal.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What you purchased wasn't Q … but rather a license to run Q subject to the License Agreement.

That agreement expired, so why would you expect the same functionality? You're lucky that it runs at all. Other software COMPLETELY shuts down when the license expires.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And now, it won't let me add new Accounts. This should be illegal.

If, during the Tools / Add Account process you attempt to add a new Online bank account with your expired subscription … yes, that will fail.

However, selecting the "+ Offline Account" tab will allow you to create all types of accounts, without an online connection, even with your expired subscription.

This discussion has been closed.