Citibank Reauthorization Issue

Options

I am using Quicken Classic Premier and I have multiple data files that access Citibank. Every time I update one file it forces me to reauthorize Citibank when I update the other file. In essence it prevents multiple data files from having authorized access to Citibank. Is there a way to get around this?

Answers

• w9gwp
    w9gwp Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

I'm in the same boat. Started happening a few weeks ago. Called support, they couldn't fix it, they elevated my ticket higher up the food chain. 3 days later, things started working again, now to day, back to the same problem
    I'm on the phone with tech support again as I'm typing.

• w9gwp
    w9gwp Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

Just finished the call. They are "aware" of the issue ( I would hope so, it's been going on for a long time).
    Was advised that there's no "fixed" date on the horizon.

For now, when the screen pops up, I click "remind me later" and it allows me to carry on with the download.

• proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have Citibank credit and checking accounts that, as of a couple of weeks ago, neither update nor show up at all in a one-step update. When I called, I was told there was no fix or way to follow the issue on the Community, so I just need to call for updates. Is this now the place to follow the issue?

• tom.cech
    tom.cech Member ✭✭
    Options

I was disconnected from Citibank on Quicken Deluxe on 2/3/2024, and haven't been able to re-establish a connection that worked for years. I understand Citibank has changed it's access; my wife's card got a notification, I followed the prompt, and it worked with no problem. I try to log in and don't even get to the Citibank prompt.

This is the error message I get after Quicken prompts me to enter my credentials for Citibank:

Logging into Citibank and following the path to authorize 3rd party access and THEN trying to activate Citibank in Quicken Classic Deluxe receives the same error.

• fbock1887
    fbock1887 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am unable to get updated. This better be solved soon as I just saw that after 2/14 the current access will not work. How does this get elevated to get the attention it requires?

• Dave Qkn
    Dave Qkn Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been working to connect with my 2 Citibank accounts for several months. Today, I shut off all my internet protections, add blockers and used MS Edge to connect. I was able to connect and get authorized for one of the accounts. Obtained an email

That is the most progress to date. Unfortunately, the Quicken box stayed on and the account never registered again… Ughh… Quicken, stop sending emails that the issue is fixed when it is not and telling everyone that we have until Feb 14th to update.

• tom.cech
    tom.cech Member ✭✭
    Options

ISSUE RESOLVED: For my problem linking Quicken Deluxe and my Citibank credit card, the account is now linked to Quicken.

In Citibank chat, I asked the rep if a closed account, that still appeared on the Citi website, could be removed from the Citibank site. He said he would unlink the old account and it would take about 2 hours to clear the system. This morning I was able to connect Quicken with Citibank flawlessly.

It may not work for anyone else, but it may be worth a shot.

• Diane Bielanski
    Diane Bielanski Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, this reauthorization issue appears to be problematic. I reauthorized all of our Citibank accounts, but when I look at Account Details, Online Services, they all still say Express Connect. I suppose we just cross our fingers and hope this is updated on February 14.

• bralleman@
    bralleman@ Member
    Options

I fought this issue for several days. I gained partial entrance to CB using EDGE. Lastly I tried ORERA and everything went through like I hoped it would.

I copied the URL quicken wanted me to use and pasted it into OPERA.

• john7620
    john7620 Member ✭✭
    Options

Through Feb 12, I have not seen any screens in Quicken Deluxe for reauthorizing my Citibank connection. To date all my updates have been successful. Question: Why has Quicken not prompted me to update when I select "update" to the account?

• Renee
    Renee Member ✭✭
    Options

Went through the "reauthorize" process today. The first time through it timed out in Quicken even though it finished successfully on the Citi site. The second time it finished in time, transactions were downloaded, and it all looked good. Until I compared the Quicken balance to the Citi balance. It was off by $442.14. Guess what? The opening balance had been changed to $442.14. I zeroed it out and now it balances.

I have seen this before when updating connections with other accounts. In the past just changing the balance back to 0 has fixed it and I am hoping that will be the case here as well. But can anyone tell me WHY this happens? The first time I ran into it, it took me forever to figure it out.

• Rob Roy
    Rob Roy Member
    Options

I just lost another hour of my life on the phone with Quicken support. They basically said it was my fault that my file had been corrupted because I did not first consult this forum before following their directions to update Citi accounts. Why should that ever enter my mind? I've been a Quicken user for about 3 decades. This is fecal.

• Dave Qkn
    Dave Qkn Member ✭✭
    Options

I've just used a different approach with my 2 Citibank accounts. First, used MS Edge as the default browser and second, used the Tools>Add account>Citi as the means to log into my account(s) to add to Quicken. In both cases, I was able to obtain the account prompt and align to my existing credit card account. I'm not sure why this mattered but it did…. Now connected…

• Diane Bielanski
    Options

I went through the reauthorization process on or before Feb. 15 - it's been eight days and my Citi credit cards are not synching!

• djmix
    djmix Member
    Options

so i have tried chrome, edge, Firefox, none of them work just get the Incomplete Registration Your new Citi® credit card registration process is incomplete. Please sign on to Citi to complete the registration. Quicken support is useless and Citi did not provide any additional details so how much longer is quicken going to wait to get a resolution on this its affecting many people. Perhaps they need to do another product update .

• RichLinHurlburt
    RichLinHurlburt Member ✭✭
    Options

Interestingly, Edge was my default browser and it didn't work so, extrapolating on your suggestion, I changed my default browser to Firefox and it worked like a charm. Go figure!

This discussion has been closed.