sell "specific lots" no longer works

Options
pricel2
pricel2 Member
edited March 7 in Investing (Windows)

I apologize. I am new to this form and am not sure where to post. I use Quicken 11 for Windows. When I do the following: click on Enter transactions> Sell-Shares Sold>enter fund name> click outside the fund name box> click on Specify lots, I get a screen which no longer works as it once did. I don't remember exactly how it used to work, but no sequence of clicking and/or double-clicking works to enter one of the numbers from the Shares Available column into the Shares To Sell column. The entries in the Shares to Sell all remain at zero. I did type in one of the numbers from the Available column into its corresponding Shares to Sell column, but that didn't go very far. Plus I have never had to enter any numbers manually when doing this before. I did perform a File Operations>Validate and Repair, to no avail. I use Quicken lightly-just to track our investment balances and to track cost basis to aid in making decisions re transactions. Many thanks to any advice!

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

In the Sell - Shares Sold dialog, did you enter the number of shares you want to sell before clicking on Specify Lots?

If you don't do that, you are saying you want to sell 0 shares and then it won't let you do anything in Specify Lots.

QWin Premier subscription
  • pricel2
    pricel2 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you—problem solved! Somehow I forgot that step with the Sell - Shares Sold dialog.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

In the Sell - Shares Sold dialog, did you enter the number of shares you want to sell before clicking on Specify Lots?

If you don't do that, you are saying you want to sell 0 shares and then it won't let you do anything in Specify Lots.

QWin Premier subscription
  • pricel2
    pricel2 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you—problem solved! Somehow I forgot that step with the Sell - Shares Sold dialog.

This discussion has been closed.