Cloud Sync changes dates on some (future) scheduled transactions.

Options
TTNH
TTNH Member

Hello,

I'm using Quicken Class (Premier) on a Windows 11 (Pro) desktop. Quicken version is 27.154.16.

For almost a year now, I've been encountering a problem with some of my pre-scheduled transactions. (I've been using Quicken for many years though.) I use Quicken to not only track my current and past expenses, but I also use it to project future cash flow. To that end, some of my monthly expenses are scheduled to automatically enter, in some cases up to 364 days in advance.

The problem I'm having is that after syncing with the cloud, the dates of some of those pre-schedule transactions have changed. For example, I may have recurring entries of a monthly expense for 1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 4/1, 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1, 9/1, (etc…). I'll perform a typcial cloud sync/update, and then examine those same transactions and see that some of the dates have changed (not the date, not the payee, not the amount … just the month). Instead of one transaction per month, some of the dates have been changed and subsequently doubled up. (Example: 1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 4/1, 4/1, 6/1, 7/1, 7/1, 9/1). I'll then manually correct the faulty dates, save the file, and perform the cloud update again. When that's over, I may see that a date for an entirely different entry (for the same payee) has now changed. It's not uncommon for me to have to "sync and correct and sync again" a few times before the dates finally stick. The dates may then remain stable for days or weeks … typically until the next month is auto-entered, at which point the problem recurs, but sometimes sooner. Worse, in some rarer cases, those transactions will become marked as "Cleared", when in reality, they haven't even occurred yet.

This problem has occured in different accounts (both checking and credit card), and with different payees … (but not every pre-scheduled payee in an account, just some of them.) I've found that if I disable the auto scheduling, delete all of the existing auto-entered entries, and then manually enter the transactions, the problem does not occur. However, doing that defeats the whole advantage of using the auto scheduling.

I've run the validation check (no errors). I've also tried to "Reset your Cloud Data" multiple times, but that doesn't seem to change anything. Oh, and just to clarify, I don't enter or modify transactions from any device other than my primary PC. (In other words, I don't modify transactions via Quicken Mobile, or from another PC.)

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on here, and more specifically, what I can do to fix this ongoing issue?

Thanks in Advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• TTNH
    TTNH Member
    Options

Sorry … one other thing I forgot to mention in my original post. I'm not syncing any of these accounts with their respective financial institutions. I'm only syncing with Quick Cloud itself, mostly as an extra means of backup.

This discussion has been closed.