American Express Business Card not downloading transactions

BreadBakerLA
BreadBakerLA Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Ever since American Express changed their connection procedures I have not been able to automatically download American Express transactions for my business credit card. I have two credit cards with American Express. The personal card has been downloading fine. The business card has not downloaded in months.

I have tried deactivating and reactivating both cards multiple times. The personal AmEx always connects and the business AmEx says its connected but it never download's transactions.

I've done everything that other people has said since this seems to have been an issue since last year. Please help with other options.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

According to some other discussions I have seen, there appears to be a way to make an AmEx Business account start downloading again.
    Try setting the Account Intent to "Personal" (in Edit Account Details / Display Options).
    Now try to use Tools / Add Account and pretend to add a new AmEx card. When you get to the list of accounts found at the bank, does the business card now show? If so, carefully and correctly LINK it to your existing account register. You may have to click LINK and select the correct register from a popup list.

After the account linked correctly and downloaded transactions, you can change Account Intent back to Business.
    Future One Step Updates should download all accounts.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

According to some other discussions I have seen, there appears to be a way to make an AmEx Business account start downloading again.
    Try setting the Account Intent to "Personal" (in Edit Account Details / Display Options).
    Now try to use Tools / Add Account and pretend to add a new AmEx card. When you get to the list of accounts found at the bank, does the business card now show? If so, carefully and correctly LINK it to your existing account register. You may have to click LINK and select the correct register from a popup list.

After the account linked correctly and downloaded transactions, you can change Account Intent back to Business.
    Future One Step Updates should download all accounts.

• BreadBakerLA
    BreadBakerLA Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

@UKR this seem to fix the issue for now. My hope is next time I download it will continue to do so when in the Business section. Thank you so much for your input. It was very helpful!

This discussion has been closed.