Resolving Quicken Blank Screen on Start?

Options

Hello, I'm new to Quicken, and have just installed the Classic Premier download version to my Windows 10 computer. On first run, I got a blank screen as embedded:

I first restarted my computer, then after getting the same blank screen, I checked online at the following links:
You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.
Okay seriously? Not even internal site links? Remove the spaces.

https:// www. quicken. com/support/work-around-display-issues-high-resolution-monitors
- There is no Manifest file nor FixQuickenHiRes in the application directory, so this isn't the issue

https:// www. quicken. com/support/blankwhite-registration-screen
- Steps 5 and 6 did not fix the issue and I am able to connect to quicken online via the chromium and firefox browsers; this was also possible before disabling the firewall.

I tried to patch the program through the quickenPatch executable and instead had to follow the steps from https:// www. quicken. com/support/patch-error-unable-check-updates-server-file-failed-load to download and install the update manually.

I followed the troubleshooting laid out in this discussion thread from last year (2023) https:// community. quicken. com/discussion/7931918/quicken-opens-blank-screen to no avail. I additionally have since restarted my firewall and added inbound and outbound exceptions to the Quicken applications as well as a security exception to the directory.

Noticeably however, towards the end of when I run a file validation, part of the UI that I believe is supposed to appear is briefly visible under the validation popup like so:

After the validation is complete however, a loading .gif goes through one cycle and the UI returns to being blank.

In an effort to narrow down what the issue is more closely I've put the program through my local decompiler and debugger. I have attached the debug output. The most noticeable errors are the following:
unknown exception code 6BA - Seems to imply a connection is not being made to (presumably) an external Quicken server
unknown exception code C0020001
unknown exception code C000041D

System.Windows.Data Error: 1 :
Cannot create default converter to perform 'two-way' conversions between types 'System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSource' and 'System.Windows.Media.ImageSource'. Consider using Converter property of Binding. BindingExpression:Path=PrevMessageIcon; DataItem='MCPAppBannerViewModel' (HashCode=62999330); target element is 'Image' (Name=''); target property is 'Source' (type 'ImageSource')
System.Windows.Data Error: 23 :
Cannot convert '<null>' from type '<null>' to type 'System.Windows.Media.ImageSource' for 'en-US' culture with default conversions; consider using Converter property of Binding. NotSupportedException:'System.NotSupportedException: ImageSourceConverter cannot convert from (null).
at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.GetConvertFromException(Object value)
at System.Windows.Media.ImageSourceConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at MS.Internal.Data.DefaultValueConverter.ConvertHelper(Object o, Type destinationType, DependencyObject targetElement, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isForward)'

There are many more UI creation errors thrown that I won't list directly in here; continuing.

SQLite error (1): no such column: host_key in "SELECT value FROM moz_cookies WHERE host_key='www.quicken.com' AND name LIKE '%qkn_subscriber%';" - In the event that the issue is related to not being able to access the login screen on install, is there a way to directly edit this file to include my subscription info and potentially bypass the issue?

WebView2: Failed to find an installed WebView2 runtime or non-stable Microsoft Edge installation. - At this point, I did attempt to manually install the Webview2 runtime onto my computer. The first install method I tried was via the Evergreen Bootstrapper which proceeded to tell me I already had the newest version of the package installed. Then I tried to force it through with the stand alone installer. I used the x64 version as I'm on a 64 bit OS. Do I need to use the x86 version instead?

System.Windows.Data Error: 40 :
BindingExpression path error: 'OpenHelpWindowRequest' property not found on 'object' ''RegistrationTransitionPageViewModel' (HashCode=52638042)'. BindingExpression:Path=OpenHelpWindowRequest; DataItem='RegistrationTransitionPageViewModel' (HashCode=52638042); target element is 'InteractionRequestTrigger' (HashCode=19705455); target property is 'SourceObject' (type 'Object') - Registration page doesn't open, so no sign in can occur.

I've replaced all instances my User directory name in the log file with "SampleUser".

As it says on the tin, change it to a txt, since quicken doesn't support that file type for uploads for some reason. Thank you to whomever it may concern for any assistance you are willing to provide.

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@verylongusername___ Please take a look at the attached thread. It may provide a solution to your issue - (WebView2)

• verylongusername___
    Options

Thank you for the quick response. I just read through the thread, and it appears that the WebView2 runtime is the most likely culprit, as my situation most closely matches the one given there. I just ran through the same steps listed there, which mirrored the steps in the original post. However, I still have the most recent update for the package, and still get the blank page issue. Additionally, I have now also tried installing the x86 and x64 builds for both versions 121.0.2277.112 and 120.0.2210.144. Do you happen to know if there is a specific version of the runtime that Quicken ships on? Alternatively, it seems that the application is not picking up the location of the runtime. Is there a list of places Quicken checks for the runtime, so I can set up a copy of the runtime somewhere it will pick it up? Or is there a version of Quicken that comes packaged with WebView2?

• QuickUserPSP
    edited February 10
    Options

@verylongusername___ I have posted two responses and they both disappeared. Hopefully they will reappear soon. Bottom line the WebView2 program is attached in the thread I attached.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@verylongusername___ Long story short I would recommend contacting Quicken support if installing the program doesn't resolve your issue.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@verylongusername___ the "Best Answer" post in the attached thread provided a link to download the Webview2 program. Just click on it to download. If you have done that then I would suggest contacting Quicken Customer Support. They should have the answers to your questions and know where and how the WebView2 interacts with Quicken.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@verylongusername___ the link to the WebView2 program was in the thread I attached, but here it is if you missed it.

Just got off a long call with Quicken Support who patiently stood by as I updated the PC with the latest KBs. That did not help either. What ultimately helped was installing the Webview2 runtime ( https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=2124703  

If you haven't tried installing it, it might work for you. Otherwise, my only other suggestion would be to contact Quicken Customer Support. They would know how the program interacts with Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.