150 bogus entries

Options

I just did a file validate and now I have 150 bogus bills showing in my schedule. Is there a way to mass delete these bogus entries? It will take forever to delete them one at a time.

Quicken B&P R54.16

Windows 11 PRO current

Here's the log from the repair:

[Mon Feb 12 05:53:56 2024]

File: "C:\Quicken\Browns"

QDF:
Validating your data.
Quicken repaired Care Credit 8901 account. No action required.
Quicken repaired Macy AMEX 4480 account. No action required.
Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
No read errors.

QEL:
All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon Feb 12 05:57:45 2024]
Maximum security reference: 97, number of securities: 97.
No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.

[Mon Feb 12 05:59:07 2024]
Opening file:
C:\Quicken\Browns.QDF

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here is something interesting… There are 10 entries per day starting om 1/28/2024 every day, EXCEPT 1/6/2024, through 2/12/2024.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here is an interesting tidbit. I was deleting them one-at-a-time. It was taking 15 seconds to delete each one(ugh). I decided to run a validate after deleting a couple of days worth, to make sure nothing unexpected would happen. It ran ok. I immediately started deleting them one-at-a-time again. This time it was only taking 4 seconds for each delete. I was pleasantly surprised and finished deleting them all. I would still like an explanation of why this happened…

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would still like an explanation of why this happened…

That's the $64 question. The culprit which stepped all over your Scheduled Reminders table in your Quicken data file has not been found yet …
    Did you suffer a crash in Quicken?
    Or did you install a Quicken release update after you have been working in Quicken for several hours? I suspect that the method used to stop Quicken when starting a software update is not always good for your data file's structural health.

Running a Validate followed by a Supervalidate should have eliminated these ghost reminders for you, en masse.
    If it doesn't, I read here somewhere that using Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders can be used to delete them one at a time. Click to highlight the reminder, click Delete in the Menu line.

This discussion has been closed.