Income & Expense reports incorrect data

Options
Robert Chiarulli
Robert Chiarulli Member ✭✭✭
edited March 12 in Reports (Windows)

On the HOME Page, Dashboard tab the Income & Expense card is not reporting correct information. Interest and dividends are missing and transfers between investment accounts are reported as income.

I do not see an option to include categories or exclude transfers as there is no gearbox that you see with most reports.

Answers

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Robert Chiarulli very interesting observation.

A few things:

i) Please this post / thread

ii) There are a number of math errors / quirks in the Dashboards BUT none of them cannot be overcome. I resisted the solution for a while but eventually defaulted to i) making / running custom reports (where one has full control over the report) and ii) pinned them to the Toolbar, problem solved.

iii) The issues you note are a result of not having full control over the configuration of teh Dashboard cards / views hence the solution in ii). That said, dividends interest, etc can be made to appear by configuring the Categories to display these entries. Click on the Categories tab, click on Show hidden categories and select )_IntInc and the other categories you want displayed noting you will need to enter you transactions using these categories!,.

I hope this is helpful.

This discussion has been closed.