I can't use Quicken anymore... Did something change in the last week?

Options
LD71
LD71 Member

I have Quicken on Windows. I launched Quicken today and get prompted to sign in to my QuickenID (not the usual password prompt for my data file). I signed in and I only see my account list on the left, the dashboard on the right was not getting displayed. Quicken was not responsive or useable. I click on an account, nothing happens. A few minutes later, I am back to the QuickenID sign in screen again. I repeated this process several times and same non responsive partial quicken screen is displayed and I just couldn't get to my data! The sign in process is quite frustrating by itself since it sends a different code to my phone at every sign in. How can I get past the QuickenID sign in? My ID and password were always accepted and I was able to log in on quicken.com.

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@LD71 -

Have you tried restoring a backup?

If that doesn't work, then you can try opening Quicken without opening your data file and running a Validate or Super Validate. You can do this by holding down your [Ctrl] key as you click on the icon to open Quicken. Keep holding the [Ctrl] key down until Quicken finishes loading.

You should see a blank screen with just File and Help in the Menu Bar. Click on File→Validate and Repair File. On the Validation Screen, check "Validate", hit the browse button to load your data file, and then run the file validation. When it completes, close out of Quicken, and then sign back in.

If you are still unsuccessful, then do a Super Validate by holding [Ctrl+Shift] and then File→Validate and Repair File. The Validation screen should show a "Super Validate" checkbox. Go ahead and do the validation process and re-sign in after it completes and then sign back in.

If this doesn't work, then do another file validate. This time just hold down the [Ctrl] key and then click on File→Validate and Repair File. The Validation screen should show "Authorization Block will now be fixed" by the Validate checkbox. Go ahead with the validation process and sign back in.

If all of this fails to fix your issue, then I would uninstall and reinstall the Quicken program. This will not change or harm your data file. After you reinstall Quicken, I would start by trying to open your data file, and then restoring a back file.

If all else fails then I would contact Quicken Support. https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

• dlscps
    dlscps Member
    Options

Same issue. At first, all I saw was the spinning wheel. Then I tried an update. Then I reinstalled. Still, Quicken won't finish opening. Just did the first validate and repair - how does one know when the process is done? There is no progress indicator. The program just won't open. Frustrating - 15+ years of data that I can't get to at the moment….

• dlscps
    dlscps Member
    Options

Spoke with support earlier today. Said that there is a known issue. Hope to have a fix within 24-48 hours.

• LD71
    LD71 Member
    Options

Thank you for all the responses! After multiple attempts that day, I was able to open my file. Looks like Quicken forced me to login and validates my subscription status before opening the file. I was afraid that this is going to be the process going forward and would have made offline access to my Quicken file (laptop) impossible. Today (2 weeks after the initial issue), I was able to open Quicken and there was no prompt for Quicken.com login. Whew…

This discussion has been closed.