Reset account display blank window

joe8012
joe8012 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I tried to reset a bank account and later 2 credit card accounts and get a blank window. The second attempt prompts me to "Set Up New". If I close and restart quicken, I then get the restart option again with the blank window when selected. I tried validate and super validate. I don't want to deactivate and reactivate my accounts as I don't have all the time require to search and delete all the duplicate entries that will result. This seems to be an ongoing problem with quicken. I've used quicken for years and I would expect ongoing issues like this to be solved now that we pay yearly fee's to use the software/service.

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta

@joe8012 - the screen shot you provided indicates that the account is not set up for Online Services.

Try setting up the account as a new account. Instead of clicking on "Set up now", set up the account as if it were a new account (choose your FI, enter your sign-on, password, go through authentication (if required).

When it comes to the point of showing you the screen where it lists the account(s) found, make sure to choose "link to existing" and link to your account on Quicken. This is a critical step,

Not sure this will work for you but it's worth a try.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @joe8012,

When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Which financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? Does this occur when clicking the "Set up Now" option located within the Account Details tab? Have you attempted to reconnect the accounts using the Add Account (+) button?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• joe8012

I issue of the blank screen happened within the last week. I now notice it happens on all of my accounts. I don't know if its related to an update. There are no error codes. It was happening when I tried to "reset" my account after a download failure during "one step update". After I tried the super validate, one of my accounts deactivated and now the blank screen happens when I try "set up now" with the deactivated account. When I use the add account button, i get the same blank window. Therefore, I cannot set up a new account.

• joe8012

Update! Problem solved. I backed up my file, uninstalled quicken and reinstalled and now it works.

This discussion has been closed.