Balance Adjustments Across Accounts in Early 2024

Options
Fred Fauth
Fred Fauth Member ✭✭

It seems like since around the end of December we have been experiencing a steady stream of constant balance adjustments on a number of accounts spanning Chase, Capital One, and our Local Credit Union. This almost never happened in the past and usually it was an easily identifiable reason if it didn't. I can't seem to narrow down the cause - either transactions are being skipped or something is happening with the balance including pending transactions. In any event - it's happening ALL. THE. TIME. Are others experiencing this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

First off, you shouldn't be doing balance adjustments, you should be tracking down what the problem is that is preventing the reconcile.

But with that said, there have been numerous records/thread that lots of people both using Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac and for multiple financial institutions that for some reason the downloading is missing some random transactions.

By comparing what Quicken has and what your financial institution has you should be able to manually add the missing transactions, but clearly Quicken Inc needs to get this fixed.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mikey5150
    mikey5150 Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue with Citi Bank CC, Capital One CC. Rarely had an issue before, now it started with Capital One, online balance (which was accurate according to Cap Ones website) and ending balance no longer matched starting this year. Adding in pending transactions wouldn't correct it, and nothing appears to be missing. Now it's happening with my Citi account. I usually download once a week for all accounts. Was there an update recently?

• mikey5150
    mikey5150 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just went through it all again and found that the account register was randomly omitting payments to our daughter's school and ASPCA, nothing else!

• Jesus2828
    Jesus2828 Member
    Options

Do you need to have categories and outline in Quicken before you upload data?

Is Alliant credit union comparable in Quicken

• RobUser
    RobUser Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having many issues since the beginning of the year. Quicken is not matching obvious transfers of existing transactions that match in two accounts (example: Amex receives Deposit, Wells Fargo Payment, same amount, no matching happens). Or, somehow the transaction in an account (Paypal) is categorized to have received the transaction deposit from the wrong account (Normally comes in through Wells fargo, showing up as deposit in Paypal and Payment in Wells Fargo. Instead, the transfer is shown as cming in from a credit card account, which never is the reality.

This discussion has been closed.