How do I delete my business accounts from my personal finances?

Options
LanaO
LanaO Member

I mistakenly added my business accounts to my personal finances information. How do I delete these accounts (I have a separate entity for business financial information).

Thanks!

Lana

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can select the account in the sidebar, then click menu Accounts > Delete Account.

If you want to track your business accounts in Quicken, you'll want to do so in a separate Quicken file by clicking menu File > New.

If you already have a lot of information recorded for the business accounts in the personal file, you may want to make a copy of your personal file, rename it for the business purpose, then delete the personal accounts from the business file and delete the business accounts from the personal file. Be sure to make a backup before starting. You can find your personal file by clicking menu File > Show "filename" in Finder and you can make a copy of it just like you would any other Mac file in the Finder. Once you have the two files, business and personal set up, you switch between them using menu File > Open Recent.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.