can i save a filter on the All Transactions view?

Options

i am looking at the All Transactions View. Is there any way to save a customer view on this screen? For example, i want a custom view for flagged transactions for the last quarter that are payments. Or any other combination i can think of. This is pretty standard list view functionality in lots of apps. Can quicken do this? and why not?

Answers

• langleyinnh
    langleyinnh Member ✭✭
    Options

as might be obvious i meant CUSTOM view (not customer view)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Options

Yes, you can, but it's a global setting for all register filters.

Edit > Preferences > Register > Remember register filters after Quicken closes

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While RJS said Yes, I say no.

You cannot have a saved view XYZ of the register view (All Transactions or any specific account) that you can recall on demand, which is what I was understanding you to want.

You can create a report (Banking Transactions, for example) customized in some particular fashion and Save that report for later recall, but that is not quite the same as the register views. Whether you can get a report fully customized as you seek is a different question.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And there you go. @langleyinnh got 2 answers for the price of 1. Can't beat that. Just depends on what the question really was.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.