How do I get Quicken to recognize a scheduled transaction and a downloaded transaction to be as one

Options

I have a re occurring scheduled transaction to occur at the same time every month. I mark it as paid when I pay it. When I download my transactions, the same transaction is entered a second time so to speak. My question is can I make a criteria in quicken that says "we see you downloaded a similar transaction that has been entered already. Do you want to merge it?" So when I download my transactions the name of my scheduled transaction appears on the register instead of the name the bank gives it. I just want to mark the transaction paid once and not to every month to delete one of the 2 transactions. Any and all info is greatly appreciated

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Drag the downloaded transaction on top of the existing scheduled one. That will cause them to merge. Going forward, Quicken should learn from this and automatically associate them in the future (as long as the amounts match).

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Drag the downloaded transaction on top of the existing scheduled one. That will cause them to merge. Going forward, Quicken should learn from this and automatically associate them in the future (as long as the amounts match).

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

I knew there was a way to do that, but I honestly did not know the program could do it that way. Seems so simple in those terms you provided. I have been a Quicken user Windows since the '90's but started using Quicken for Mac in the late 2010's. Thank you. I'll try it out soon enough

This discussion has been closed.