What causes Quicken to recognize leading zeros on down loaded check numbers? (Q Mac)

Options
Jack C
Jack C Member ✭✭

I stole the discussion title from a query I found that was recently opened and closed without a resolution. I'm having the same problem with downloaded check numbers from Citizens Bank-Mid Atlantic in PA. Very recently they are downloaded with 5-6 preceding zeros and do not match the register entry, creating a duplicate entry that must be manually edited. The website register and ofx file do not show the additional zeros. The example is from a Check Pay entry but manual entries of Citizens Bank checks are also downloaded with the added zeros and fail the register match.

In one of the previous posts the ofx file also didn't have the added zeros and the download was correct.

As I said, this just started, maybe with the last Q update. I've been a QMac user since 95 and have lived thru many Citizens bugs, but this doesn't feel like a Citizens problem. I'm currently using Q7.5.2 on MacOS 14.3 with 14.3.1 update pending

Not an end of the world problem and will probably some day resolve itself, similar to the earlier Citizens bugs but I'm curious why the previous post was closed so soon.

Thanks,

Jack

This discussion has been closed.