System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Citi Connection updated - Now all transactions hit wrong account

Tagged:

Comments

• KC452
    KC452 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had problems after the authorization as well. When I reconciled a Citi checking account and two non-City credit cards accounts, balance adjustments were required for all three. I couldn't figure it out and ran out of patience and just accepted the balance adjustments. I figured that if there was a glitch in the first download after the authorization that would take care of it. But not I need balance adjustments pretty much every time.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @KC452,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide additional information. When did this issue first start? Are all of the accounts that aren't reconciling without balance adjustments connected to the financial institution to download transactions directly into Quicken? Which financial institutions are these accounts with? How often do you reconcile? Do you reconcile against the online balance, or against the statement balance? How far off are the reconciles? Is the difference explained by pending transactions on the financial institution side? Since you mentioned this is happening nearly every reconcile, that implies whatever is keeping it from reconciling is a recurring issue rather than a one-time thing. Have you compared to the financial institution statement to see if the discrepancies are due to duplicate or missing transactions?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KC452
    KC452 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for following up. First I did a backup restore, and I found a very large balance adjustment was inserted two years ago. I then remembered that when the new authorization method first popped up for me, the process was glitchy on the Citibank page. (It pulled up accounts I had previously closed, and some other things.) Then , a couple of weeks later, when I started a download, it asked for the authorization again. I then did a backup restore from Jan 1 this year, which I knew was before the whole Citibank authorization thing started. When I started the download on that, I had to do the Citi authorization again, but this time it went very smoothly - immediately identified the relevant accounts, and matched them to the right names in Quicken. I did the download and everything balanced to the penny. I'm guessing that some bugs were worked out along the way?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear everything is working correctly now. There were some issues with the initial Citi migration which have been corrected.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.