Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows Keeps Spinning

Options

I get signed into Quicken and it goes to the main page. I can see my balances the cursor keeps spinning and spinning. When I go to the Task Manager is says Quicken is not responding. I've restarted my computer twice, ended Quicken and opened it again several times but I keep having the same issue. I'm stuck.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @John Holtrup,

When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dlscps
    dlscps Member
    Options

John, I've had this issue since late last week. Per phone support, there is a known issue that they are working to resolve. I've tried both the patch and reinstallation - still just hangs. Supposed to have a fix within 24-48 hours.

• unhappyqcustomer1_
    Options

This has happened to me for over a year when synching desktop to mobile. It also adds incorrect data. Tried last week to start synching again but it still does the same thing. Very disappointing. I'm going to save a back up to an external drive, remove all quicken files form my computer, uninstall and reinstall and see how that goes. I did go to support awhile back but they couldn't fix it.

• Canadaguy85
    Options

For the past few days when I try to update accounts from manual bills page my computer immediately goes to “Quicken not responding” so I shut down and it becomes a “rinse and repeat” situtation again. The rest of operations I’ve tried are normal but can’t get past this freezing.

• Hrytsakm
    Hrytsakm Member
    Options

I have the same issue. Program opens and displays as normal… except the cursor spins and program is unresponsive. I uninstalled/reinstalled the program without success. I tried opening a backup of my data file with the same result. I think it is related to the last update about a week ago.

This discussion has been closed.