PDF's will not attach

Options
jnprop
jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭

PDF's will not attach!!! For something so basic it looks like this could be addressed. I've read all the recent post and troubleshooted from those. No change. It is well documented that this is an issue for many. I (along with many others) would prefer that these simple functions work properly over what the logo looks like. Moreover, the paperclip is still sporadic at displaying when and if you can get an attachment to work. One can't express really how frustrating this is when you are trying to get work done. I've spent an hour trying to attach a document. Ridiculous!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jnprop,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? When did you first notice this issue with .pdf not being able to attach? What process are you using to add the attachment (adding a file already stored on the computer, adding directly from the scanner, or some other method)? If you use multiple Quicken files, does this issue happen in just one file, or does it happen in multiple files?

With the sporadic paperclip icon issue, how often is this happening? Is it happening with the same transactions every time, or are the transactions that aren't showing the paperclip icon different every time you open Quicken? If you use multiple Quicken files, do you see the same behavior in every file?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have no issues attaching a .pdf and do it routinely. However, you will run into issues if the file is already open in Adobe on your computer. Simply close the file in Adobe.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19
    Options

@Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your response. I have been having issue with this for some time now. It was just any file it seemed like and also the paper clip sones not always show. It started after Quicken changed the way we attach file honestly. I add it from a file saved on my hard drive that is backed(synced) by google drive. I tried with one not synced with drive and same result. I only use one file. The paper clips is very random as far as I can tell. There are a good many post on both to these issues. Ie been using Quicken for years and have many accounts as I run my rental company with it and this funciton is essential for tax reporting. Could my file be to large? It goes back to 2017. I been using for at least 15 years maybe more. THank you!

PS If I add over and over it will finally attach. Usually if I select file and add then repeat by dragging it over it might add, but not always. Sometimes it will NEVER no matter what I do. If I change it to a JPG it will add immediately. I prefer the PDF format for more than one page

@RalphC I'm glad you are able to attach PDF's routinely. I can remember a time when this function was dependable. Unfortunately it is well documented that this is an issue for many people. Consider yourself blessed. I do not have Adobe open.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

File size shouldn't impact your ability to add attachments. I tried to replicate the issue you're encountering, but haven't been able to get attaching a .pdf file to fail. Do you have an anti-virus active on your computer? Since you mentioned that it'll finally work after multiple tries, and it happens even when not synced to your Google drive, it may be possible that another process on your computer is accessing the file, which would block Quicken from being able to attach it. If that is what is happening, then pausing your antivirus may help (assuming that a virus scan on the file is what is blocking it from attaching).

Do you have your Quicken program on your C: drive? Do you run Quicken in a Virtual Machine? Which version of Windows are you running (Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11, or a different version)? Is this happening on a personal computer or a work computer?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.