Anyone having Paycheck entry problems

Options

I have been having issues with my Paycheck entry for just over a year now but finally asking because issues are escalating. When my paycheck is entered, it does not keep all the accounts that are listed in the setup. Specifically, my 401k and my HSA contributions. It is entered on the setup but when it enters in the register, it says account unknown. Next thing that happened, is it started to auto enter itself 1 day prior into the register even though I have "Remind Me" selected for 1 day prior. Now when it auto enters, it puts the net amount into the register however there is nothing listed in the Category Split in the register. It is empty. I have deleted and reset up my paycheck. It worked once. But it also deleted all the deductions from the register for the last 1-1/2 years.

This thing is royally screwed and would really like some help to resolve it.

Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is your paycheck being deposited early, by a day or so?
    The way you describe it, it looks to me as if your paycheck deposit is downloaded before Quicken had a chance to record the paycheck reminder transaction with all the split deductions and transfers. As a result, a "naked" deposit transaction is created without any category splits. (The bank knows nothing about the categorization)

Try changing the paycheck reminder to "Remind me [2] (or [3]) days before due date" or even "Auto enter [2] days before …".
    Make sure the paycheck reminder is entered into the register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank.
    This way, you will have a complete paycheck transaction in the register, with all the splits and transfers, for the download process to match the downloaded "naked" deposit to.

• Timmer1966
    Timmer1966 Member
    Options

I will try changing as you suggest.

To answer your question though, Quicken is entering the paycheck into the register. It is showing up "below the blue line" as a future transaction. My paycheck does not sync from the bank until "the day of". I have noticed that if I enter it manually, everything seems to be saved properly into the register.

Any idea why the payroll deductions are removed from historical deposits when I delete my scheduled payroll transaction?

Any idea why when the payroll deductions do not get deleted that Quicken "forgets" what account I have my 401k and HSA deductions recording to?

This discussion has been closed.