Cannot access accounts from old computer

Options

I need help accessing my existing accounts through the web application to move those accounts to a new computer. I have one mostly dead laptop with years of 5 accounts stored, and I cannot get it to open Quicken to do a back-up to transfer to the new laptop. So I am hoping to be able to pull them into the software on the new laptop and marry them up with the one I got transactions directly from the vendor site. Any help is appreciated because I have to finish my taxes!!

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You state "mostly dead". How dead? You don't need to be able to start Quicken to move the data to your new computer, you just need to copy the .QDF file from the old computer's harddrive to the new computer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You need to grab the Quicken QDF data file or any Quicken QDF backup file from the old computer
    and Windows copy it to a flash drive to have avail for the new computer…

The Quicken Cloud / Web / Mobile are only small portions of the data - and can't be used for any backup purpose -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Mo_Turpin2024*
    Mo_Turpin2024* Member ✭✭
    Options

So just search for that file extension, copy and move? Just one file?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22
    Options

what version of Quicken on the old computer - …. somewhat recent - or REALLY OLD version ?
    The difference is that really old Quicken used multiple files -
    but more recent versions were rolled into a single QDF file -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you only have one Quicken data file, then just one file, assuming that you are/were running Quicken 2010 or newer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.