Repeated American Express Banking Requests for Verification

Options

Quicken continuously asks for verification for the American Express bank account. I've attempted getting the code via SMS, email, and phone. Once in a while I'll actually get a code, usually via email, but it soon askes for another one. I usually don't even get the code via SMS or voice. I've repeated this effort up to 8 times using each method! I ended up just choosing to skip it and have removed it from OSU entirely. Not a very good solution.

Some have suggested using "American Express- Banking" which is what I have. I've also done all the usual steps (removed/restarted online setup), run validate and super validate, shut down/startup, etc.)

The issue has been ongoing since around the update before the last one.

Windows 11, Quicken Ver R54.16 Build 27.1.54.16

Tagged:

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Shannon M M please see the attached thread. The solution I proposed may work for you as well.

The key is to remember your "old" password and sign-on for "American Express Bank FSB".

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

I just noticed that the imbedded screen prints do not work in the post I attached. Here they are -

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for chiming in!

I did have my old login info. Unfortunately, it is not accepting with the American Express Bank FSB selection.

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Options

But them low and behold, on the next OSU, it seems to be working again. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Now for the CC-800 on Discover Card….. sigh.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Shannon M M - I am very sorry it didn't work for you. Do you have an Amex High Yield Savings Account? Or Checking?

As for the SMS, what I have found is that there is sometimes a longer than expected delay in getting the code. And what happens is that the codes "cross" when you make multiple requests. What I have done is remove the account from OSU and then do an update separately for the account via "Update Now". That way I can wait for the code without disrupting the OSU process for the rest of the accounts.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@Shannon M M - Our posts must have crossed but glad it's working again.

This discussion has been closed.