Withdrawal transactions revert to older values after entry

Options
fggates
fggates Windows Beta Beta

This has been happening for a long while, perhaps since as early as 1998 when I started my QDF. I am used to it, but today it was enough to move me to action.

Some of my Retirement accounts have infrequent fees which manifest as a sale of a security (typically a money market fund). I represent these in Quicken as a Sell and Withdrawal transaction pair. EVERY TIME on all such accounts after entering the Withdrawal transaction I need to go back and edit it to correct a reversion to an older Withdrawal set of values. Even though the transaction form is correct as I use 'Save' when it appears in the register it uses the same values as the last Withdrawal (of any register). I have to use the Edit button to put in the values I intend and which I already provided.

No super hardship as I can correct the transactions, but it would be better if I did not have to.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How are you entering the withdrawal transaction? Are you copying an existing withdrawal and pasting it as a new transaction?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• fggates
    fggates Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 24
    Options

In an Investment register I use the Enter Transaction button and choose the Withdrawal transaction. When I enter the payee the rest populates. I fix the value or whatever else needs correcting (memo field sometimes) and Enter the transaction.

It shows in the register as the previously used values not the values I just put into the transaction dialog. I can then use the register line Edit button to go back into the transaction dialog to correct the fields. That save 'sticks' with the intended values.

Has been happening for many many generations of Quicken and the same in all my Investment registers but to my use only in the Withdrawal transactions. Buy, Sell, Reinvest and some others work well as expected. I have not need to use many of the others transaction types.

Presently using R54.16 Quicken Classic Premier build 27.1.54.16 on Win 11 Pro 23H2, but as I say this has been a constant behavior for many many generations.

This discussion has been closed.