Questions about Register display & usage (edit)

Options

I had a 2010 version of Quicken (windows) which unfortunately I had to dump when I purchased a new desktop and was forced to purchase the yearly subscription of Quicken Classic Deluxe.

Two questions: In my checking register I want to enter a future transaction (next week) yet when I change the date and enter the information (payee, category, etc.) the transaction fails to post in the register. It simply disappears as if I never entered it??

Second question: Once again in the checking (or any other register) I right click and select COPY TRANSACTION from the drop-down list. However, when I try to paste the transaction, I get gibberish in the payee section = Date Reference # Payee Memo Category Clr Amount Balance

2/21/20 instead of the selected transaction.

I’ve used Quicken for almost 20 years and have never had these roblems before. Suggestions??

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@BZMeister

1. It sounds like you don't have your register sorted by date. Click on the date column of the register. You will then see the dates sort in ascending or descending order. The little triangle to the right of "Date" pointing up indicates ascending. The other thing to check is the date range. Make sure the date range encompasses the date of your future dated transactions. "All Dates" is usually the default. You should then see the future dated transaction below the blue line in your register.
    2. When you use the "Paste Transaction" make sure you are in a blank row. You can insert a blank row, but the best thing to do is to go to the blank row at the bottom of your register. But I think you are getting the gibberish because of what field you are clicking on to paste the transactions. If you see just "Paste" instead of "Paste Transaction" when you go to paste the transaction, that is when you will get the gibberish. If you see just "Paste" in the menu, choose another field and then you should see "Paste Transaction".

• BZMeister
    BZMeister Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply. The paste transaction question was answered.

However, still having problems with future transactions being posted to the register.

"The other thing to check is the date range. Make sure the date range encompasses the date of your future dated transactions. "All Dates" is usually the default." 

How do you alter the "Date Range - other than ascending or descending order???

TIA

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

To get to the date range you can use the filters that are above the column headings.

If you don't see the filters, click on the little triangle to the left of "Filters". Then they should appear. If you see a green "Reset" button to the far right, click on it. That should reset your filter to default settings. That little triangle toggles the filters on and off.

• BZMeister
    BZMeister Member
    edited March 6
    Options

[Removed - Duplicate]

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@BZMeister you should be able enter future dated transactions in your account register without any problem. Look at your register filters again and make sure all dates, any type, and all transactions are selected. IF you have green reset button to the right of the filter boxes, click it to get rid of any filters. Also check how you have your register sorted. Click on the "Date" column heading and make sure that the little triangle to the right of "Date" is pointing up.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should see the transaction entered below the "blue line" indicating a future date -
    Is the Register sorted by DATE ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.