Account losing $30,000 when updating

Options

Each Saturday, I pay my bills and update all of my investment accounts individually online. Every time I update any investment account other than this one particular Schwab account, it takes $30k from that Schwab account. I have to wait until usually Tuesday to re-update that account to get that money back in there. It's so frustrating!!! This happens every week.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Options

take a look at your Schwab account and click on Holdings.
    Is there something that dropped in Market Value because the Quote over the weekend is wrong or zero ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• pmugavero
    pmugavero Member ✭✭
    Options

it’s not that my Schwab account lost money. This happens every week and it’s the same amount. If I try to update any other account online, $30,000.00 drops off my Schwab account. I get it back on tbe following Tuesday. When I re update schwab

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@pmugavero as @Ps56k2 indicated, it could be an issue with a security price. Somehow a "rogue" price gets updated, later it is overridden and corrected. Next time this happens go to Portfolio in the Investment tab and check the prices in your Schwab account. For a large difference as yours, the "bad" price should stick out. I have a feeling that the price, or prices, may be being zeroed out, and then corrected again when you do an update.

• pmugavero
    pmugavero Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks. I’ll try that.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think I said that - and you REJECTED my suggestion..

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• pmugavero
    pmugavero Member ✭✭
    Options

yeah sorry. I thought you believed that I was actually losing money from my Schwab account.

This discussion has been closed.