Issue linking multiple accounts from same bank

Options

Hello,

Since Wildfire Credit Union changed to a new online banking system I had to Deactivate the accounts and Add them back in to use my new credentials. This did work prior to my CU making their change.

I'll try my best to describe the issue I am having and include screenshots.

Here are the bank accounts I am trying to link back up

The Checking and Savings account with the Red belong to one account number, the ending portion is only used to identify the account type.

The Savings account with the Purple belongs to another account number.

Both of these colors will be used through all the screenshots to show the accounts masked accordingly.

After passing the credential portion of adding Wildfire Credit Union I get the account list:

As you can see in the Account list there are two "Savings XXXX-S-0000" but unfortunately they each have the same Nickname in Quicken listed for the same Savings account (Red) instead of one Red and one Purple.

The stranger part is when I click and expand on the Link to existing … I only get the option to link to my existing Purple Account in Quicken as can be seen here in the following two screenshots

I would have hoped to see one showing the Red account and the other showing the Purple account. That was not the case.

Is there any way to get Quicken to unmask the last portion of the Account numbers instead of just displaying XXXX? It is hard to say if Quicken is actually retrieving all the accounts and matching accordingly. It seems okay with my Loan and the CD. I am guessing the Checking account is matching since there is only one.

I have the full account numbers listed in the Account Details for both savings accounts but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Here is my setup:

Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046

Quicken Classic Deluxe Version R54.16 Build 27.1.54.16

If you require additional information please let me know and thank you for taking the time to review this issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

IMHO, the $64 question is: Who is masking the 4-digit account number portion to XXXX?
    Is it the bank, while downloading the account information?
    Or is it Quicken during download, in an attempt to keep account numbers secret?

In this case, the 4-digit ending account number should not be masked.

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. They may have to review the download log files on your computer and to escalate this to appropriate higher support levels.
    Quicken Support:
    - To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support and select Chat or Phone support.
    - Support is only available during posted hours of operation
    - The phone number can be found at the support website.
    - To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    - If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) when you log in with your Quicken ID. Place the call using the phone whose number is recorded in your account profile.
    - Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    - Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers" demanding fees for their service, the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• sl33pyon3
    sl33pyon3 Member ✭✭
    Options

@UKR Thank you for the suggestion and the link to the support information. I will try and place a call with their support. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.