Want to keep old data but start a new file from scratch (edit)

Options
jog1418
jog1418 Member ✭✭

Because of illness I left current Quicken account to have files that are no longer valid. Want to keep old data but start a new account file from scratch and transfer some account files still valid from old file(s) to new one. Don't know how to transfer account files/data from old to new??

Thanks for any thoughts

Tagged:

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I think you can either start a new file, and connect to your bank(s), and they'll download somewhere between 90 days and a couple of years of transactions.

Or use your old file, and just delete the accounts you're no longer interested in.

wags Glad to be here!

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because of illness I left current Quicken account to have files that are no longer valid.
    Want to keep old data but start a new account file from scratch and transfer some account files still valid from old file(s) to new one.

Not sure what you mean….
    BUT - I would usually vote for retaining the old QDF data file - and using it - then clean up any issues.
    If you have old accounts that are no longer avail, valid, or physically closed -
    I would use Quicken to just checkmark [x] them as "separate" or "hidden" - and go from there -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 26
    Options

@jog1418 click on Help→About Quicken. It should bring up some information about the Quicken you are using -

• Quicken Level - Deluxe, Premier etc.
    • Version Number - R??.??
    • Membership - Valid until?
    • Windows version?

How many accounts are in the file?

How many do you want to bring over to the new file?

What type of accounts are they? Checking, Savings, Investment, Retirement, Asset, Loan

Do you currently have these accounts set up for Online Services?

What is the start and end dates for transaction history?

Sorry for all the questions, but they will help me determine the scope of what you want to do.

This discussion has been closed.