Quicken On-line Update began freezing yesterday. Anybody else have this problem?

Options

Using Quicken Classic Premier, Version R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16 on Windows 11 Home. Using a Dell XPS 15 9510.

ONE-STEP UPDATE IS NOW FREEZING AS OF YESTERDAY (2/26/24). Quicken has been reliable for a long time and each day I update transactions to multiple credit cards and checking/savings accounts. As of yesterday afternoon, when starting the one-step update and after entering my password, the "One Step Update Progress" Screen now freezes and Quicken becomes unresponsive. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and bring up the task setting to force it to close. Unfortunately that doesn't help. I've tried unselecting online account services and only updating financial institutions and rebooting, and that doesn't fix anything. Still locks up.

My computer hasn't had a firmware update since February 15th, so this is not from a recent update according to my Dell Update history log. Today is February 27th and it started happening yesterday afternoon on February 26th.

Is anybody else having this problem?

Comments

• fkinch
    fkinch Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

exactly. It started 2 days ago (2/25/24) for me. To date, I have:

-Validated the file

-Super-validated the file

-uninstalled Quicken, restarted the computer, reinstalled quicken and the Mondo patch

-I finally resorted to the step that fixed it when it did this several years ago. I loaded a week-old back-up file, prepared to lose a week's worth of transactions. That did the trick before, but not now!

I have been using Quicken since the mid 1980s, and have never been so stuck

• fkinch
    fkinch Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Finally got it. It worked for me at least:

Edit - Preferences - Mobile & Web - turn off sync.

This is a solution that I found posted in 2021. Apparently this bug remains troublesome 3 years later

• OkiDoki247
    OkiDoki247 Member
    Options

fkinch - Amazing! Thank you. I was going to call tech support tomorrow to figure it out, and you did it instead. Way to go and this really helped out and worked for me!

This discussion has been closed.