Webster Bank CT - AGAIN

grega
grega Member ✭✭✭

Recent change in behavior: Webster Bank now requires a text verification code during any/all online updates.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I deactivated all my accounts there and re-added using "Webster SNB Personal" (required a text code) and they're updating fine, but still require a text verification code each time I restart the application.

This happened last Fall and deactivating and re-adding worked, but not this time.

I've sent a message to Webster to ask for support, received nothing. I don't expect to (I didn't last time). But on the plus side, they've updated their web site with a new photo of a couple lovingly admiring their accounts online together, so at least there's that!

Any feedback? - GA

Comments

• EK118
    EK118 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I can verify that I'm seeing the same behavior. I sent a message to support and received a canned response that they've started using multi-factor authentication to secure accounts due to an increase in fraud.

The last time there was an issue, it required calling into a branch or visiting a branch to get actual support. From a branch, they referred me to a support line that was answered by humans and not chatbots. I have a feeling that resolving the issue will require every person experiencing it to contact them.

• grega
    grega Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 1

Same as my message response:

"Two-factor authentication was a mandatory update for increased security measures and there is no option to stop this."

My response was that this is an unacceptable answer, especially given 2FA is not required for other means of online access, such as web and phone app.

I like this bank. I like the people in my local branch. But this kind of technical [Removed - Language]* is becoming very annoying. - GA

*The other hassle I'm having is ever since the merger last summer, I'm getting a monthly $3 charge for paper statements that I did not request, do not want, and am not getting. I have to message them each month to get that charge reversed…

• grega
    grega Member ✭✭✭

And…they're digging their heels in.

"Unfortunately, if you use apps to export your transactions, the 2-factor authentication is a mandatory update for added security on all profiles. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

• grega
    grega Member ✭✭✭

I made a couple of complaints about it and they thanked me for my input…

However, today I did anu pdate and was not challenged for the code…anyone else?

• ken143
    ken143 Member ✭✭

No code requested for me today either!

This discussion has been closed.