Quicken Sounds Delayed

Options
wrichiez1
wrichiez1 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

I'm running Quicken Classic Premier on a Windows 10 laptop. Everything was working fine as of last week (2/20/2024). Then, all sounds in Quicken are being delayed and sometimes there are no sounds at all. I went to Edit—→ Preferences—→ Setup and unchecked the "Turn On Quicken Sounds", restarted Quicken, checked again the "Turn On Quicken Sounds" and still sounds are delayed or no sounds at all. I re-installed Quicken and the problem persists. What's going on?

Comments

• wrichiez1
    Options

Should have mentioned that I'm using Quicken Version R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16. Running on a Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 laptop.

• wrichiez1
    Options

Found what the issue was. I just recently purchased a bluetooth speaker and sound was being directed to it. So disconnecting the speaker did the trick.

• wrichiez1
    Options

Disregard my previous comment. That bluetooth speaker was not the issue. I still have the sound delay problem. Any help will be welcome.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Sounds checklist (Windows only)

1. Make sure that the speakers are turned on and the volume is somewhat up (not all the way down) and not muted.
    2. Are you using an HDMI - connected monitor? Windows may have rerouted sound from the internal or external PC speakers to the HDMI monitor, assuming the monitor has speakers like a TV. Enable said speakers or review Control Panel / Sound / Playback and select the correct speakers, mark as default.
    3. In Quicken ensure that in Edit / Preferences / Setup "Turn on Quicken Sounds" has a checkmark.
    4. Still no sounds? Make sure that in Control Panel / Sound / Sounds tab the active Sound Scheme still contains the Quicken sound files. If the sound scheme was improperly modified by some other software (or Windows) update, find a different sound scheme which contains the Quicken sounds and make that the active sound scheme.
    5. Restart Quicken if you had to make any changes.
    6. If you can't fix it with #3 above, refresh your Quicken software installation by downloading and installing the latest Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• wrichiez1
    Options

Done everything you said above and the problem persists.

This discussion has been closed.